" Compu Flora " -a scalable vector drawing

illustrator cs2 scalable vector drawing by paul rodecker

Wow. I just found this older drawing I created in Illustrator cs2. This was done when I first got my Wacom Intous 4 drawing tablet. If you've never tried a wacom tablet (or something comparable), you really need to give it a shot. It's a whole new realm when it comes to drawing. The Wacom does not take the place of real-world drawing, instead, it just offers a place to draw where real-world drawing leaves off.

This drawing was very difficult to create. it took lots of time, focus, problem solving, layers, cutting parts of the drawing for over-lapping purposes, transparencies, etc. With what I know now about drawing on the computer now, along with the amazing drawing programs that are out there currently, I could easily re-create this drawing more successfully and in a 10th of the time.

However, I am not discounting this drawing nor the time and effort it took to make it. Rather, I am celebrating all of those elements. If it wasn't for drawings like this, and the time, effort, and determination it took to create it, I would not be were I am now. That being said, I still have a long way to go.

Which is exciting because with drawing I equally love the journey and the destination!

Happy Drawing,
ptr

Comments