" Darkness Moves "

Comments

Jalysa said…
I'm not sure if you'll see this comment, but I will post nonetheless :)

I just got internet maybe half an hour ago, so that's why I'm browsing your gallery at 2 am, haha.

I'm not very good at critique, or any sophisticated form of commenting on art, but I do have an opinion I wanted to share about this, particularly because of how much I can relate to it right now.

We all find ourselves in those times, where we're trapped at that corner and we just see that cloud looming over us. But for some reason when I look at this piece, I don't see that cloud ever touching that corner. It's present, yes, but...that's only it. It's as if you stood up and really got close enough to that cloud, you would notice that it isn't moving at all. It's only and sole purpose is to present itself, and allow you to fill it with all the horrors you yourself imagine it to be.

In short, things are never as bad as they seem I suppose.

Sorry for the essay, but I really wanted to share :)
Thanks Jalysa!

I appreciate your wonderful post. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I only just now found your comment.

I think you are quite good at critique, as I truly enjoyed and was inspired by your interpretation of my drawing. You helped me look at my drawing in a different light, and I am very grateful for that. Thank you.

Please do not apologize for being willing to take your time to write about Art (especially my Art!). It is important and please continue!!

I hope to hear from you again...

Have a wonderful day,
Paul Rodecker