Natures of Thinking

rodecker_ink09


This is a free-hand ink drawing. The surface is 9”x12” Bristol board paper and the pens were Rapidograph (.30).

With this drawing I was attempting to better merge/unite/blend the figure-ground with the back-ground. For many years, my figures were drawn with no environments. Much like actors without scenes or co-actors to help carry the art piece. Thus, My figures ended up having to do all the work by themselves. Quite a heavy load to burden.

This drawing is important in that is served as a launching pad for me to work away from the figure and focus exclusively on what was essentially non-figurative-time-abstracted-artwork.

More than not, I have been working this way for the past five years. It could be time to bring the figurative back into my art. If that happens, I would be excited to see the results.


Comments