“Drawing quotes of the day”

van_gogh
“In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing” - Vincent van Gogh




picasso

"Matisse makes a drawing, then he makes a copy of it. He re-copies it five times, ten times, always clarifying the line. He's convinced that the last, the most stripped down, is the best, the purest, the definitive one; and in fact, most of the time, it was the first. In drawing, nothing is better than the first attempt.” – Picasso


matisse



“Drawing is putting a line (a)round an idea.”
- Henri Matisse





le_corbusier



“I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster, and leaves less room for lies.”
- Le Corbusier





blake


“He who pretends to be either painter or engraver without being a master of drawing is an imposter.”
- William Blake



dali


“Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.”
- Salvador Dalí




cezanne

"Drawing and color are not separate at all; in so far as you paint, you draw. The more color harmonizes, the more exact the drawing becomes. When the color achieves richness, the form attains its fullness also."
- Paul Cézanne.


goldsworthy



"The essence of drawing is the line exploring space."
- Andy Goldsworthy





Digital Capture

"It is only by drawing often, drawing everything, drawing incessantly, that one fine day you discover to your surprise that you have rendered something in its true character." - Pissarro.



hokosai

"From the age of six I had a mania for drawing the shapes of things. When I was fifty I had published a universe of designs. but all I have done before the the age of seventy is not worth bothering with. At seventy five I'll have learned something of the pattern of nature, of animals, of plants, of trees, birds, fish and insects. When I am eighty you will see real progress. At ninety I shall have cut my way deeply into the mystery of life itself. At a hundred I shall be a marvelous artist. At a hundred and ten everything I create; a dot, a line, will jump to life as never before. To all of you who are going to live as long as I do, I promise to keep my word. I am writing this in my old age. I used to call myself Hokusai, but today I sign my self 'The Old Man Mad About Drawing." ~ Hokusai

kollwitz


“While I drew, and wept along with the terrified children I was drawing…” - Kathe Kollwitz




Incontro con Italo Calvino



“A line is a dot that goes for a walk.”
- Paul Klee




degas



“Drawing is not the form; it is the way of seeing the form.”
- Degas

Comments

Reg Ice said…
Paul! I love your quotes and the attached visual images! Golden nuggets--all!

So, for you, here is one of my favorite quotes---but sadly, no visual. (Sorry!)

"Imagination is far more important than knowledge?"---Albert Einstien

And "why" do I love this? Because Einstien realized the priceless value of creativity---knowledge is solutions or facts already discovered and unearthed while imagination is something that takes that knowledge and goes beyond it to come up with more new and original solutions and ideas. Therefore, you could have all the knowledge and know everything in the world thats been discovered so far, but with imagination, you come up with something thats not already known or yet discovered so far.

And you my friend, your cup overflows with imagination!
Thanks Reg Ice,

I appreciate your comment on my "drawing quotes" blog. I thought the visuals would be nice and helpful to some who perhaps couldn't put the artist and the quote together.

Thanks also for your contribution to the quotes. I think that is a great quote by Einstein.

You are quite creative as well. I was very inspired by your ambitious and unique use of crayons for your final drawing projects.

Keep Drawing Reg!
skip said…
one of my favorite drawing quotes is

"a emotional drawing can become a thousand blades of grass"
Thanks a very interesting quote Skip. Who is the author?

Thanks for you contribution!
muteklap said…
“I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster, and leaves less room for lies.”
- Le Corbusier

Amen.
muteklap,
Your right brother, that is a great quote!

Thanks for joining in on the quote conversation.

Have you drawn today?
Johnson said…
Hello,

I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.regencyshop.com

I realize that you are home decor-modern design connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our products. Also, it'd be swell if you can place our Le Corbusier link on your blog.

Thank you,

Nancy