drawing of the day - " willpower "


a_dc_zoom_106, originally uploaded by prodecker.

What is willpower?

Willpower is the ability to exert one's will over one's actions. It manifests as inner firmness, decisiveness, determination, resolution and persistence.

Through my art (mostly my time-intensive work), I am learning high degrees of personal self-discipline.

Currently, I am exercising some of my greatest willpower. It is difficult. I have come close to giving in to what seems easier. I do not know what the right answer is, but I believe this is the way. As always, only time will tell if I can hold the line or if the line was valid at all.

Here are some other ways to help improve willpower:
-eating healthy food
-laughter
-conjuring up strong memories
-
creating strong memories (thanks robin)
-practicing and testing oneself

The potential of Willpower is incredible, and it does not have to be a limited resource. It can be developed.

Comments

Robin said…
You forgot "creating strong memories" to the list or willpower empowerers ;)